HyperKWIC generates software documentation that combines the instant connectivity of hypertext with the analytical strengths of KeyWord In Context. It produces HTML documents that provide a fully interactive alternative to traditional documentation.
HyperKWIC is a part of the plusFORT toolkit. It is also available as a separate download (free for not-for-profit, non-government use – including evaluation).
- Meet requirements for accurate and complete software documentation with the aid of HyperKWIC reports which are generated automatically and quickly.
- Update as often as required, and publish to your team and to other stakeholders. HyperKWIC reports may be stored locally or published on an internal or external website.
- Impact Analysis: Even small changes to an established code base can have consequences that propagate through the entire program. With HyperKWIC you can quickly assess possible changes and produce a plan to minimize coding effort.
- Keep HyperKWIC software documentation open in your web browser for an instant answer to those constant questions:-
- where is that defined?
- which routine set that value?
- what else uses that?
- is that redundant?
- HyperKWIC is aware of programming language syntax, including comments and reserved words. Syntax rules for several common languages are defined in an external file, which may be customized as required.
- R-click to open a separate tab for reports you will need again later.